Blue Coda is a fast-growing digital agency working with clients such as Virgin, Partners Healthcare, EnterpriseDB, CloudHealth, Numerix, InterSystems, Harvard and MIT. Our office is in the heart of Cambridge, MA and is surrounded by many of our favorite Boston-area culinary establishments. If you join us full-time, you’ll receive generous company benefits including health/dental insurance, 3+ weeks vacation, retirement and non-tracked sick days. We also are a family friendly business!
Blue Coda is seeking a talented Web Designer to craft clean, modern, responsive websites for our clients. This individual should be motivated to create innovative solutions for our agency’s high-profile clients. They should flourish in a collaborative team environment and be comfortable interfacing with project managers, engineers, and client teams.
Applicants should have a deep understanding of key UI/UX concepts so their designs can aid our clients in meeting and exceeding their business goals. A successful candidate will be able to translate high-level requirements into forward thinking, functional designs, that will help our clients site’s keep pace with the latest design trends.
- Conceptualize original, clean, responsive designs for our roster of clients
- Execute all creative stages from creative strategy to concept to final hand-off to the Development Team for implementation
- Create PSDs or working files for the Development Team to reference during their build
- Establish and promote in-house design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Collaborate within a cross-functional team using an Agile/Scrum iterative process
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive-level stakeholders
- Validate design decisions with research and data
- Incorporate design direction and feedback from multiple partners and stakeholders
- Work with stakeholders to design solutions that solve an organization’s business needs
- Expected to independently conceive and execute designs with limited hands on direction.
- 5 or more years of experience as a web designer
- Demonstrable design skills with a strong portfolio
- Experience with responsive design, including a familiarity with designing for Bootstrap
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of best practices in design and UI/UX
- Adaptable team player
- Strong organization, time management, and communication skills